The simple answer is that the baby is being poisoned, the solution is to stop the poisoning. Mother's milk is polluted with her poisons and to add more toxins makes little sense. A baby is acid for the first 18 months, that is how they digest the milk, this is what happens when parents are not prepared to have a child, they take the poor baby to the very one who will poison it. Hopefully all will be well, but when you consort with those that use poisons, the outcome is never known, sometimes the damage does not show for many years.
Rarely can you help the helpless that seeks professional aid.