CureZone   Log On   Join
Yippee! More school indoctrination

Views: 1,662
Published: 14 years ago

Yippee! More school indoctrination

I posted some weeks ago about a Science "survey" my 11th grade daughter was given in Science class put out by the NSTA. That was one of the first things that made me really furious this school year.
Then her honors history teacher told the class that we live in a democracy.

BUT . . . what happened today takes the cake. She is reading Of Mice and Men in her English class. Today the teacher showed the class the Youtube video which is posted below. Then she asked the class, "Who are the people we see working on our farms today?" Boy in class: "Illegal immigrants?" Teacher: "Yup, illegal immigrants." Then the teacher proceeded to ask the class what we could do to help these people in their plight, suggesting that we picket and pay more for groceries so their wages could be raised. She handed out an article from a magazine which I've never heard of called The Week, published by a man named Felix Dennis. The name of the article is "The last word: Our slaves." She informed them that they will be discussing the article tomorrow. Can anyone tell me what this has to do with English class? Why is this teacher indoctrinating students with her personal political beliefs? I know. I'm preaching to the choir here. I'm so angry right now that I'm afraid to call her just yet because I'll sound like a looney tune. I need to calm down first. I'd like to apply the Dale Carnegie method and try to win her over to our side, but at the same time I want to tear her a new one. Any suggestions on the best way to handle this one? I certainly will not let it go.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AyMc6X2hdgM

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

2.281 sec, (1)