CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Yippee! More school indoctrination

Dquixote1217 Views: 1,380
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,054,856

Re: Yippee! More school indoctrination

If it were me, I would collect my thoughts and politely voice my concerns to the principal - namely that you do not think that honors English is a proper place for a teacher's personal views on social studies to be imparted and you wondered whether he might agree or if this was an issue you should take up with the school board.

If he is not sympathetic, then I would advise moving up the ladder if there is one to the superintendent's office and use the same polite yet concerned approach.  Failing satisfaction there, take it to the school board with a bit more indignation and assertiveness.

By and large, you are liable to find some fairly conservative voices on the school board who may agree with you - even if not necessarily for the right reasons.

DQ

BTW, out of a total on my father's side of the family of 10 aunts, uncles, father and step-mother - 9 were teachers.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.734 sec, (1)