CureZone   Log On   Join
Image Embedded side effects documented in my pics...had it in only 1 mth.

jj68 Views: 7,367
Published: 16 years ago

side effects documented in my pics...had it in only 1 mth.

IUD inserted 11/13 for reason to reduce heavy periods. Insurance covered it.
One month passed, I had gained 5 lbs, and had severe bloating, like I was 4 mths pregnant. Side effects I had included: severe bloating, numbness in arms, swelling of hands and feet, chest pain, swelling face, weight gain, hives on my neck, anxiety.
Made appt to get it removed, had a strong feeling it was causing my extreme body changes. My regular nurse practitioner was not available, had a different one see me. She immediately told me that my symptoms had nothing to do with the merina iud.
I asked her how then, could I be growing out of my pants in one month and gain 5 lbs according to your scale? Her response "oh, its holiday time, we all eat a little more during this time" I said "I'm not going to sit here and argue with you, just take it out" and she did.
and I took pictures of myself the night before it was removed and of today, 6 days later. see attached pictures, those are my proof to myself that I did not just imagine these changes to my body.
Also, note the .ca merina site, the Canadian one, has much more info on side effects than the usa one. not sure why?
If you are considering the merina iud, I hope this has helped prevent someone from going through what I went through.
Before removal: 12/17:

//www.curezone.org/upload/_M_Forums/Mirena/tn-before_12_17_07_low_res.jpg

6 days later after removal: 12/23:

//www.curezone.org/upload/_M_Forums/Mirena/tn-12_23_07_2_low_res.jpg

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2023  curezone.com

16.750 sec, (1)