CureZone   Log On   Join
The Give and Take of Christianity

SF1933 Views: 573
Published: 13 years ago

The Give and Take of Christianity

“The Give and Take of Christianity”

“And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.”

In the political realm and, sad to say, often in the religious arena it is a game of give and take. Give and take is a juvenile phrase for compromise. Many give in here and take liberties there.

However, my topic today deals with God’s giving and our taking. He has given us eternal life , and we squander our days taking advantage of His grace. He gives grace, and we take license to indulge in self will. He gives help, and we wander down dangerous roads we have no business traveling. He gives guidance, and we go our own way, unwilling to inquire at His compass. He gives sustenance, and we spend our inherited, spiritual wealth in riotous living and careless choices. He gives a purpose and reason for living, and we lazily wile away our lives in inactivity. God in grace has said, “I love you, you belong to Me” and we selfishly say, “I want my own way, I’ve got to be me.” He truly is the Giver, and we are the ungrateful taker of all that He provides.

We often hear the talk of today about “giving back” something to our country or community. How about “giving back” to God your life, time, talents and service? Remember dear reader, “For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are Gods.” (1 Cor. 6:20).--T.G.

Copied from the Baptist Bread, January 12, 2006

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.734 sec, (1)