I can't really answer to your nose infection situation. The same thing happened to me, while I was on heavy Iodine therapy. Iodine is an oxidant and is known to kill bacteria and virus and fungus. I also had to take Antibiotics for the first time in my life. The Antibiotics worked. Maybe Iodine would have worked if I had the guts to take more than the 100MG that I was taking.
Chlorine dioxide is a powerful oxidizing substance. The concentration, which we take, should kill bacteria very well. The process is oxidation. CLO2 reacts with all things which have a lower pH than 7. This means it reacts with mercury as well; because mercury has a lower pH; and mercury is an ion donor where CLO2 is an acceptor. There is no battle. It is merely an exchange of ions where no one wins. It would be interesting to know if this is true of silver. Since CLO2 only reacts with lower pH substances, it is believed that it will not affect the bacteria which we consider to be good. I'm not saying that all good bacteria is a high pH though. I don't believe acidic pathogens are good.
I still think that for Miracle-Mineral-Supplement to do any good, we must take it in sufficient quantity. Jim Humble has tested that to be 15 drops and sometimes greater. This is why it is important to get to 15x3. He says that will kill sufficient quantities of bad pathogens, that we should be able to manage the rest at a daily maintenance dose. This is why he used 15 drops immediately for malaria patients. I don't hold to the "go slowly" theory. This is war. I have no James Bond to contribute. I need to send in the troops.