from what i gathered from the info on mms-- the amounts of chlorine dioxide that one would need to ingest to become troublesome would be much much more than any of us will intake--- with what we are using it for.
but your concerns should be validated to your satifaction.
--maybe you would want to post this message to marlene--- she talks to jim humble and she may be able to ask him more specifically of your concerns if you were to ask her ---
it is good youre checking this out though--- let us know how your findings come out.
ps. i also think that this was discusse on the mms debate forum already.