CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Diet Joke!

megan Views: 1,242
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,101,208

Re: Diet Joke!

hi....I think any home prepared food will be superior to packaged commercial diet. which type of homemade to choose, that is a good question. I don't know the best one...but the more you read you'll be able to choose something that is good.

for my dog, I use a lot of variety. I use different meats, vegetables and carbohydrate source, and rotate them. the meats I cook (chicken, beef, liver, sometimes eggs). vegetables are raw grinded (brocolli, cauliflower, zucchini, cabbage, chard, kale, lettuce), and carbohydrates are things like millet, oats, brown rice, potatoe. I also add lecithin, kelp, nutritional yeast, egg shell powder, and oils like hemp, olive, flaxseed.

my dog has done well so far on this, she's 12 years old now...moves with the flexibility of a 5 year old dog, silky coat, and white teeth.

a completely raw diet is another option and probably there are sites/forums where you can find more info on peoples experiences with this type. I've always cooked the meat for my dog.

ideally, a completely raw diet would be most natural, but I've been hesitant about parasites in raw meat. of course their digestive system is designed to handle this, but we don't live in much of a natural ideal world anymore, and I don't know how much their immune systems have been compromised, how much they can handle parasites in raw meat.

but, having said that..I see some dogs on raw foods and they look good to me. so I don't know. so far, I've still been cooking the meat for my dog.

hope this helps you a bit...good for you in moving to make changes, the dogs love it. vets and manufactures of commercial food have us thinking we need a phd in nutrition otherwise don't even try or we may hurt the poor thing. the irony is those packaged foods are more detrimental than anything we'd be giving them.

they just need food like any other animal...kibble isn't food anymore.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

0.406 sec, (1)