Sodium chlorite becomes activated in the presence of a weak acid. This can include the food acids lemon or lime, ACV, or citric acid crystals. It can also include the stomach acid, and even food acids.
Taking unactivated sodium chlorite in a 3 - 5 % solution (known as Stabilized Oxygen) has a long history in the alternative health arena. It can reduce symptoms or even eradicate conditions for a host of ailments, if done consistently and accompanied by super-hydration, alkaline diet shift and supplementation.
1. The sodium chlorite is ingested all day long, on a steady and continual basis, and when it mixes with the stomach acids it creates continous low ppm chlorine dioxide in the body.
2. It alkalizes and purifies the drinking water.
3. The dose is low enough to avoid detox symptoms, but it will gradually and persistently penetrate everywhere in the body.
I am an Miracle-Mineral-Supplement user and supporter, but I personally think that people are usually more successful keeping their dose low and consistent, and adding water and diet therapy. the detox symptoms many encounter are often enough to discourage or stop Miracle-Mineral-Supplement use for a while, and can result in a roller-coaster ride.
The best way use the unactivated drops in water method is to combine it with regular, activated MMS IMO. I would suggest something like this:
1. Build up to a 5 or 6 drop dose, 3 x per day.
2. Consider adding 2 or 3 drops, plus a teaspoon of some grass/veggie powder mix, and optionally a lemon wedge, to each liter of distilled or R/O water that you drink. Try to drink a liter of this per 40lbs of body weight per day.
3. Shift your diet gradually to more alkaline.
4. Add appropriate supplementation...EFA(s), alkaline minerals, vitamins, etc... (See Electric Mind's recent post)