I think we are dealing more with semantics here than anything else.
We are constantly getting invaded with viruses, bacteria, ect., and other toxins from just living and breathing. So the "Pathological organisms" are there if you have symptoms or not.
The Symptoms come from the breakdown products of those "pathological organisms" and when the amount of toxins from their breakdown get to a certain level (concentrations) in your system, that is when you start having all the "Cold and Flu symptoms"
The Live organisms do not usually cause the symptoms. Even when you go into septic shock it is the breakdown products of the gram negative organisms that cause the muscles of the blood vessels to become paralyzed and causes the sever drop in your blood pressure.
By taking the Miracle-Mineral-Supplement you have cleaned out your body of most toxins and given your body's immune system the "tools or Ammunition" to be able to fight off invading organisms before they get a strong Foothold in your body. But when they do arrive, you will have symptoms, just of shorter duration and not as sever as they would have had.