Wow, I hope you are feeling better. I know where you are coming from. I get hives all of the time. I have many, many food allergies as well as outdoor, animal and contact ones such as latex, rubber and many adhesives just to start. I have chronic bronchitis and asthma so bad I take shots in my stomach for the asthma every two weeks.
So here is my advice to you, since I have been going through many of the same symptoms for years.
To me it sounds like could have autoimmune possibly or just some food allergies . When you have a food allergy , each time you react it is different. Just because you break out in hives all over one time it doesn't mean you will the next time, but maybe the third time you will be even worse. Like one of the other posts said. Keep a food diary and write down the exact time of each meal and when the hives occur and any other symptoms.
If you are allergic to laundry detergent, from washing the sheets, then you would break out from your clothes, but all over your body too, not just on one spot, so check out where you break out.
If you have a waterbed, or a bathroom in your bedroom, check for the smallest leaks, it happened to me, there could be a small, slow leak into the wood and maybe creating mold spores and you could be allergic to the the mold. So at night while you are breathing it in that is when it effects you.
Possibly dust mites in or under your bed, you may be allergic to.
As for autoimmune, you body would become allergic to whatever you eat/consume but usually if you only do it for approx. 5 days in a row. ( this I was told directly by my homeopathic doctor) She told me if I whatever I eat I could not eat it more then 5 days in a row, then stop for at least 3 days so my body would not get used to it.
Also if you are allergic to mold, be aware that mushrooms, yeast and Antibiotics are in the same botanical family, so you may have a reaction. As for the Garlic. Garlic is in the Lily family and so is Asparagus, Chives, Leeks, Onions, Sparsparilla. The reason I am telling you this is because I am allergic to Latex, which means I have to stay away from bananas because they are in the same botanical family as the Latex.
Maybe you just need to give yourself a rest before you do your cleanse. I do hope you feel better soon.
*I am no doctor or professional, but I did stay at a Holiday In Express...lol