CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: The Auto-immune Disorder of the Soul

jfh Views: 2,225
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,123,430

Re: The Auto-immune Disorder of the Soul

Oh gosh! Why am I reading this at 7 AM after the night's fast and a groggy mind. I will definitely have to come back to it.

Turiya, this discourse is the reason I try not to miss any of your posts. You have such great insight to humanity. I really enjoy and appreciate your posts.

I am not a follower of Descartes. However, like everything else I've studied, I have to admit that I might be somewhat influenced by his philosophy. Even indirectly; because, it has influenced most of humanity's activities.

Sorry. No debate from me.

"Belief". One thing I surely learned from my studies of Nietzsche, is that it is necessary to define all words before they will be used in philosophical discourse. It is like traveling to a large and unfamiliar city without directions.

My use of the word, belief, in my statement regarding the interaction of the mind and the soul; is that I am unable to quantify a truth of it. My studies have led me to "believe" the possibility. Consider any scientific theory. The scientific community follows the same path. They continue to try to prove a possibility with hypotheses. Each finding seems to strengthen their resolve for further pursuit of its truth. Will they ever be able to prove such a thing with certainty? Maybe in the laboratory. The same with me. Each author gives me (only me) another piece of this great puzzle of life. If that piece fits my puzzle, it gives me greater certainty. However, that can only strengthen my belief. I cannot possibly give certainty to anyone else.

I am a seeker of truth. Nietzsche is not my only study. Neither so is Descartes. I follow Baha'u'llah, prophet founder of the Baha'i Faith. I now believe that I am my soul. My mind may be its motor. I believe that my life, in this world, is a fleeting moment in my life. I believe that my tests and difficulties are of divine origin; and are for the purpose of my preparation of the next world. I will learn what I can and try to be positive about it. Much like the life in the womb. Why would I be growing arms and legs in that world where there is no need? I believe it is to prepare me for the my next world.

However, you really did catch me on my list of possible actions to help with the interaction of the soul and mind. I do not meditate; however much I know I should. I do practice daily affirmations as well as prayer. I am only beginning to accept the law of attraction.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

2.406 sec, (2)