I stopped taking it after a month or so when I felt there wasn't any dangerous quantity of mercury in my system anymore, if there ever was. I have since decided that my symptoms, which mimicked candida, then fibromyalgia, then mercury poisoning, were more likely to be Tension Myositis Syndrome, as described by Dr. John Sarno, i.e. my brain's attempt to distract me from repressed subconscious rage by creating mysteriously shifting transient physical symptoms. More info here: http://tmshelp.com
I still like to put some of the clay powder in a bath if I feel like creating the illusion of absorbing toxins. Nowadays, it feels to me as if "toxins" are phenomena of the emotional and mental realms as much as the physical.
Obsessive fear of illness and death is a killer. :-)