CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: no reserves?

Views: 1,351
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,148,798

Re: no reserves?

From my experience, the hunger does not dissipate as rapidly as it does with some fasters. I would call myself a slow metabolizer. When other fasters are calmly coasting into ketosis with no hunger pains at day five it may take me till day 8 or 10 for that comfort level. Most definitely I find the first 4 days the hardest and I dont smoke , drink caffeine in general, don't drink alcohol or anything else. I have gone in for a few surgeries taken a bunch of meds for medical conditions. The only reason I bring that up is even late in the fast I would go for about two days feeling a ravenous hunger ( not true hunger). It does pass but you must use your will power. I personally think it could be hormone fluctuations or detox of meds in the last part of the fast. In the first part of the fast I think you body is in transition from carbohydrate metabolism ( using glucose as fuel mainly) to ketone metobolism ( using fast as fuel mainly). Most people can safely fast for a week with water unless you have a metabolic defect of some sort. Since you preveiously fasted for 6 days that is not likely. If your medical condition had changed ie. developed type 2 diabetes or something like that you would want to be supervised in your fasting. Read Dr. Fuhrman's book, Fasting for health. It has a nice commonquestions format in the back of the book, also his website answers questions if you wish to join the monthly bulletin board. I found the book sufficient.

Anyway don't be hard on yourself. I had many false starts for this fast and now I am on day 31 of the water fast. I have a health issue so I am highly motivated. But shorter fasts work too and fit into one's schedule alot better. Each time you complete a short fast and sustain it with a healthy whole foods lifestyle, your next fast will be easier and cleaner.

Best of luck..

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.582 sec, (1)