CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: To O

gilda Views: 3,770
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,168,668

Re: To O

I agree totally...that's why I said psych has it's place,but we've attributed EVERY human issue to it the last 50 years or so partly because we didn't have the technology to MEASURE things like brain chemistry.

I agree regarding being taught coping skills and Dad's alcoholism can influence one. However, we all know people who come from the worst circumstances possible, but let it slide off their back.

Sometimes we see this in a family of siblings where some seem to take the circumstances to heart, while others aren't AS affected by the alcoholic (or whatever) parents. Obviously, if one isn't born with an adequate level of seratonin in the brain (apparently like the dysfunctional parents!), one will be profoundly affected by the immediate circumstances.

However, one with all the normal, sufficient brain chemistry will adjust much better. We've all seen this - some people just can't seem to get over what is a snap for others. And just like hormones,etc, we are not all born with the same exact level- it varies tremendously. Fluctuations due to outside circumstances like divorce are normal, but I'm talking about those born WITHOuT adequate levels.

A bio issue can't be resolved with psych, while psych issues can't be resolved with bio answers...the trick is to know which is which.

I think it's not a surprise to learn that R is bipolar...are you taking your meds, R? The manic behavior is very apparent to any person. I knew there was more going on here, and it's a bio issue.

I have no doubt that R will be able to cope with life when those bio issues are addressed sufficiently...it will be impossible til then. He certainly was able to manipulate alot empathy for himself in the beginning of post "weird feelings", but then alienated everyone with his cruel self-absorption- have a strong feeling this is a pattern.

Good luck, R. But get a journal (or a friend to listen) if you feel the need to ramble on endlessly about your relationship rather than troll for advice you ignore.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

2.890 sec, (1)