I get poison oak often and can get rid of it easily (I never scratch it) but 2 weeks ago I got it and it turned into impetigo(don't know where I pick that up from). I had three really bad sores on my leg. The worst was a circle of about 8" across on my upper thigh, bright red, hard and oozing so much I couldn't stand up without it draining down my leg. I treated it with Iodine for 24 hrs but it didn't get any better. My husband talked me into going to the ER by using some psychological mumbo jumbo in my weaken state that this wasn't going to get better without medical help.
Anyway, they gave me 40 mg of prednisone a day for 5 days and 500 mg of cipro but I only took 20mg of the prednisone. Now after the treatment I feel and look like a water balloon and I itch all over. I need to detox but where do I start? I feel like I've been poisoned twice.