CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Dry fast

stormseeker Views: 36,557
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,040,633

Re: Dry fast

There is very little research on this subject publicly available. My mother, a raw foodist proponent advocates dry fasting and practices it herself. She has information about it in her new book Quantum Eating (www.beautifulonraw.com). She also does not eat or drink anything after 2pm in the afternoon until 6-7am the next day and points out that in effect she does a 16-17 hour dry fast every day and if you look at her pictures on her website at 50 years old, it's working alright for her. She also does not ever drink anything since she gets sufficient "water" from fresh fruits and veggies. David Wolfe, another well known raw foodist also practices dry fasting and has some articles about it you can do a google search for. Of course another raw foodist, Doug Graham vehemently disagrees, but, admittedly, he has never tried it.
I have done 48 and 72 hour dry fasts (2-3 days) and I also find it much easier than a water fast. It seems that drinking water makes you really hungry. With a dry fast you just don't even think of eating. Whenever I do a dry fast though, I rent a cabin out in nature and take small hikes and read, play cards, relax. Having a refrigerator with food looking at you or the television with food commercials every 8 minutes can be overwhelming otherwise, at least for me. One very important thing about dry fasting-and any kind of fasting is of course breaking the fast well. The day I break the fast, I only eat fresh fruits. If you start with watermelon/pineapple/berries/peaches/apricots/oranges etc. you won't even want to drink any water. Anyway, hope this helps.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.203 sec, (1)