CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: I think we are all concerned about this...

Hulda Clark Cleanses
Parasite Cleanse, Kidney Cleanse, Liver Flush, Bowel Program acco...

Natural Cancer Remedies
The ”incurable” pancreatic cancer disappeared!

Better Than Colonics. Period.
Oxygen Detoxification for both small and large intestine...

Original Hulda Clark
Hulda Clark Cleanses

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROW’S®Lugol’s Iodine Solut...

More
More
no_biz Views: 12,918
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,214,301

Re: I think we are all concerned about this...

Again, thanks everyone for offering insights and advice.

However, I do not think anyone knows the situation better than I do.
I am quite sure that abuse can be ruled out in my daughter's situation...sorry to disappoint someone there!

I also want to point out that I remember playing with yourself, spanking the monkey as a child, as early as 2, and I wasn't molested, thus the statement that children do not learn self-gratification on their own does not make much sense to me.

The emotional distress theory does fit with the picture.
In fact, she uses the sexual play as a form of self-soothing, I. e. when I am focusing on something else (mainly work and housework).

I have discontinued the sling b/c no more practical, but my daughter is still carried a lot. We are very close and attached. People around me can't stop warning me that I'll spoil her by carrying her and playing with her that much.
Although I am a very loving and caring mom, I know I'm not perfect and I have myself some emotional issues to deal with. It is quite possible that, at times, she perceived my anxiety about work or everyday adult-life's issues as if other things are more important to me than she is ( which is obviously untrue). I am also sure that going to preschool,( 2 days a week, only 3 hours at a time) caused her some abandonment feelings. We talked about it a lot. I did my best to let her take her time, but again, I'm not perfect.

We have a very honest relationship and I apologize to her every time I think I might have done wrong.

So far, my daughter's behavior has not reached the potential to disturb other parents. I have to say that many other parents of preschoolers I know ( NOT from the same catholic-wicked preschool) have similar problems with their sons/daughters. One mom referred to me that the pediatrician told her sexual play is quite normal at that stage and is part of self-discovery..

Many kids do that privately, and never let the adults know they do that, just as I did, out of fear of being scolded or rejected. Apparently I did not cause her such guilt feelings.

I'll keep on working and educating myself to overcome my personal issues and to become a better parent. Parenting is a learning journey and we all have minor and major pitfalls. Love matters more than zealant political-correctness.

wish you all the best.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.750 sec, (2)