CureZone   Log On   Join
Video Embedded What If...

Views: 1,705
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,217,513

What If...

Rather than try to stifle a conversation about sexism... we encouraged such a dialogue so that we could finally openly address this problem? And it IS a problem... and it has a detrimental effect on ALL of us! It's also understandable that you don't see it... many women don't see it either. We're all so steeped in the conditioning of patriarchy that we fail to see how it has influenced every aspect of society and created the very imbalances that we are currently dealing with today. Sexism is automatically interwoven into the fabric of patriarchy... and what happens on CureZone is just another reflection of what is happening on a global scale. Denying the reality of sexism or minimizing the negative impact that it has only serves to reinforce the imbalance.

Consider the words of Sojourner Truth...

Regarding your statement "...and as for having dead people on anyones conscience, thats a total abandonment of logic."

My statement about having people's deaths on one's conscience comes from my understanding and professional experience in working with people who have been actively suicidal, those who have survived suicide attempts and those who have lost someone to suicide. This is yet another topic that is largely undiscussed and quite often quickly dismissed because it is difficult to openly talk about it... as is anything that pertains to death. Again... this is yet another outgrowth of the patriarchy... but I will set aside that discussion. Suffice it to say that when a person is in any sort of pain... in mind or body... and they make references to suicide... this should NEVER be taken lightly... or brushed off as a mere threat... or reduced to nothing more than manipulative attention seeking behavior. Suicide... whether it's a failed or successful attempt... not only has a very profound and lasting effect for that individual... it also deeply impacts anyone who's associated... consciously or unconsciously... and can also prove lethal to others...

//www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1204179#i

As it involves CureZone... my logic is also related to this quote...

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

To which I would add... AND GOOD WOMEN!!!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

1.172 sec, (2)