This is a reply to # 1,218,069

Union

"I don't see where any reasonable Man..."

I'm not a reasonable man.

I'm a woman.

"Our entire systems..."

How's that working for us?

"There is no equality in Nature!"

Correct! If we were to nuke ourselves into smithereens... cockroaches stand a far better chance of surviving as a species than human beings. Believing that human beings are at the pinnacle of the evolutionary cycle is an anthropocentric fallacy... and just because we weren't present to witness past cycles of devolution doesn't mean that they didn't take place. Nature will not be conquered... we are also a part of nature... and if we could get beyond the belief that we are defective from the get go... we might stand a chance of living in balance and harmony.

I am not suggesting that any person should be discredited because they are dead... or that their contributions should be discounted because they lived in a different era. What I AM suggesting is that even the very manner in which we approach the topic of sexism is problematic because it hinders an open and productive discussion. These are very difficult topics... we are in very difficult times... and change is scary. Nevertheless.... change happens whether we want it or not. We can either invite and embrace it... or we can go through it kicking and screaming. This is our choice.

This is the dance of determination and free will.

We would all be a whole lot better off if we would stop fighting to maintain the hierarchical structures that are an inherent part of the patriarchy and instead directed our energy towards uniting the masculine and feminine elements within ourselves... and also between each other. This is the true meaning of sacred marriage that goes far beyond any social construct.

Again... this discussion would probably be better served on another forum. You are always welcome to contribute on mine. I am far more of a humanist than a feminist... and I have a soft spot for aliens...

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

0.766 sec, (2)