CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Absorption

InTheGreenZone Views: 962
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,227,613

Re: Absorption

Hey GD.

Really sorry to hear about your aunt. It sounds eerily similar to what happened to my mom a few years ago after they performed a Whipple procedure on her. This was to remove slow-growing tumors in her duodenum and to prevent the "cancer" from spreading to her pancreas/liver, since they are all connected to the digestive tract. Now she has no duodenum, no gallbladder, and has lost the lower 1/3 of her stomach. Her pancreas is not connected to her digestive system.

As a result of the operation, her pancreas is now being used in the body solely for insulin production. It may be making pancreatic enzymes, but they are useless. She has to rely on external sources (i.e., Pancrease) to supply those enzymes.

For a couple of years, we were able to stabilize her condition through oodles of experimentation, as whatever dietary items we tried, her body would adapt to and reject after a few weeks. BUT, at the time, although she was losing weight, she was still overall in relatively good health after the operation. She did have an inability to digest anything with fiber in it since the operation, and that continues to this day.

If your aunt can at all tolerate doing the things MH has suggested, you will be much further along in rescuing her than I am with my mom. When I tried to give her LBB, she would get diarrhea with just 1 LBB, and the diarrhea would not stop for 2-3 days. That wasn't the problem so much as her inability to really sustain herself on any liquid, natural foods like apple juice, orange juice, sorghum molasses, etc. I even tried feeding her slippery elm gruel with sorghum as a sweetener. She broke out in such severe rashes on her hands (a sure sign of a toxic system) that she couldn't handle it. I tried to put her on vegetarian enzymes from GardenOfLife, but they proved too "strong" for her system.

You can also try getting your aunt massaged on a regular basis, and you could use the 50:50 lecithin/oo mix that MH recommends. It helped decrease skin itchiness for my mom. Helped the symptom if not the problem. Bowel movements are king. They must happen at least daily, and your aunt must feel like she has emptied her system.

Be sure you are prepared to put in the time to help your aunt, and that you can handle the results of trying to help her. Your aunt needs to detox and you have to be able to get her through the detox period. I hope she is not on any painkillers (my mom has to take morphine to this day, even though she has tried to "kick it"). Those body numbing miracle of modern medicine make it really difficult for the body to respond positively to natural methods. At this point, I have learned to let my mom be happy with whatever she wants to eat or do, because if she's happy that's worth more than tacking on years of unhappiness. She has just been told she may have cancer again, so it's not going to be a lot of fun.

I have rambled a lot because there is a lot to say. If you have any questions that I can help with, you can respond to this post. I will be glad to try.

Good luck.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

0.563 sec, (2)