CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Dog Tumor

ChowDogWoman Views: 13,589
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,238,499

Re: Dog Tumor

Just thought that I would throw in my 2 cents...

My Chows will not eat dead raw meat, like chicken parts from the market. They are very serious about their food; picky and discriminating. I have tried all the most expensive stuff, like frozen “Raw Meaty Bone”, etc., but they will not touch it unless it is cooked. Some days they don’t want to eat much, other days they eat a lot. It is a joke around here that Chows only want to eat when the planets are properly aligned. I think that dead chicken (and other meats that have sat around a butcher shop) has too much bacteria and toxin on it or in it to be safe, even for a dog. My dogs have a large area to roam (several acres) and they catch small rabbits occasionally which they relish and munch down the whole thing (and I mean the whole thing). So I think that raw is natural for dogs, but I do not recommend the meat from a butcher shop or grocery store, even frozen.

I have had experience with a dog getting cancer and I think it was brought on by getting too many vaccinations. The commercial dog foods are all mostly inappropriate food. Commercial dog foods are mostly warmed over garbage. These can cause cancers too, especially if the food gets old. Rancid oils may be cancer causing.

The Colloidal Silver would seem almost mandatory if you are feeding dead raw meat. The silver will help kill off some of the bacteria.

My dogs free feed on a bowel of Innova dry food. There are a few others out there that my dogs will eat, like Timberwolf. Never leave the food container sitting out as the product can get stale. Buy small size containers or keep the food in the freezer. I also feed them cooked foods like, eggs, and organ meats from the organic grocer at our local farmers market. They get plenty of good fats as I cook their foods in coconut oil. They also get flax, fish and olive oils added to their cooked meal. Also I add a kelp supplement. They get a cooked meal two or three times a week. I often add vegitables or brown rice, but never beans. (They will spit out beans of any kind.)

If I had a dog with cancer, I would make sure that the dog was getting plenty of good plant fats to help the liver cleanse the body. I would make sure that the dog got plenty of grass. You might want to mix some of the available wheat grass or barley grass supplements into your dog’s food. Actually it was MH Barefoot herbalist who told me this.

You are dealing with an older dog so you may be fighting an uphill battle. Good luck to you. I hope you find my "Chow wisdom" helpful. Let us know how your treatments work out.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

0.656 sec, (2)