CureZone   Log On   Join
Looking for HEALTHY recipes for 3 mth-1yr food storage

Sunny5000 Views: 1,880
Published: 12 years ago

Looking for HEALTHY recipes for 3 mth-1yr food storage

My husband & I want to start adding to our long term food storage in case of economic depression, martial law, hurricanes etc. We eat pretty healthy now as far as fresh fruits and veg, do a lot of fresh juicing & organic food. What I'm finding when I look in to long term food storage is lots of canned foods and precooked recipes devoid of vitamins, added msg. We're looking into maybe home canning. We are also growing some things & I can actually grow a good supply of wheatgrass but I don't want to live on it. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to prepare for long term food storage that can keep someone semi healthy/healthy in the long run? We're going to be using 5 gallon buckets to vacuum pack most of our foods. Most fresh veg are out unless we can grow it.

I live outside of Houston and witnessed for the first time in my life an acutal run on the grocery stores due to Hurricane Ike. I have to say I was a little frighten when I went to Kroger's and the shelves were empty. I've never had a sinking, helpless feeling like that before. Thankfully we have a 1 mth supply of food storage but now I want to start a 3mth-1 yr food storage plan.

The books I have so far are:

Complete Book of Home Preserving
Backpack Gourment
Eating off the Grid
TRail Food
Mix-A-Meal
Food Storage 101

Any further suggestions ar appreciated.

Thanks

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  curezone.com

0.406 sec, (1)