CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: A compilation of lies

cataschaoplexity Views: 1,657
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,264,385

Re: A compilation of lies

I am new to this debate so allow me to put forward my suggestion.

The opposite of selection is transformation. In selection, there is variation in a population of anything undergoing selection and a few of those variants for some reason or the other get selected for. The opposite of that is transformation in which all the objects in the population, whether varying or not get transformed.
Now selection has nothing to do with self organization. Self organization happens within the life time of an object. a single object when developing uses self organization as a process. However selection is a process or rather natural selection is a process which occurs over several generations of the object or its progenies or its ancestors. These are two processes that are taking place on different scales. But they definitely impinge on each other in complex ways. However to say one is the opposite or the formal substitute of the other is wrong and misleading.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

0.344 sec, (1)