CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Going under 27 volts

SilverFox Views: 2,635
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,285,400

Re: Going under 27 volts

Hello Johny,

Energizer manufacturers some great Alkaline cells and batteries. However, they do not manufacture their own NiMh products.

There have been some "issues" with their, and everyone else's as well, 2500 mAh NiMh AA cells. After a very short time, these cells develop a very rapid self discharge rate. If you use them right off the charger, they do a good job, but if you take them off the charger and try to use them the next day, they are dead, or nearly dead, from self discharge.

It seems that the higher the capacity, the higher the rate of self discharge.

I have not tested their 9 volt NiMh battery, so I can't comment on it.

The low capacity C and D cells usually have a Sub C cell inside. I have not heard of problems, other than lower capacity, with these cells.

Energizer has a couple of reasonably good chargers, but many of their chargers require you to charge cells in pairs. This is not a good practice if you want to get the best performance from your cells.

A good all around Energizer charger is the CHFCV "Family" charger. However the 9 volt charging slot is only good for the 7 cell NiMh batteries.

If you are in a hurry, their 15 minute charger is excellent. It only charges AAA and AA cells, and is hard on them, but it does an excellent job in a very short time. An AA NiMh cells is supposed to be good for around 500 charge/discharge cycles. If you use the 15 minute charger, expect to only get 100 cycles from them.

Duracell also makes an excellent 15 minute charger, but it takes 20 - 25 minutes to get a full charge.

The best AA and AAA NiMh cells, as of right now, are the Sanyo Eneloop cells.

Tom

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

1.188 sec, (1)