CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: The Real Puritans

Views: 4,596
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,301,909

Re: The Real Puritans

I have been a "nudist" virtually all my life, my mother could never keep clothes on me..:o) I was one of the founders of the "Bay Bares" a small nudist club near Panama City florida, and have lived for short periods of time in others..and visited several in the Caribbean. The short answer to your question is that there are two elements that have come into play in "turning things upside down". First are the right wing "God-people" whose hangups about the human body have done immeasurable harm to everyone. The other is Madison Avenue, whose advertising has sexualized the human body in the mind of everyone. So today Americans especially equate nudity with sexual activity. The fact is there is no more sexual activity in a nudist environment than anywhere else, and conduct you may see on a beach where suits are worn would get you kicked out of most nudist resorts.

It is a real shame this insane modesty thing has taken such a hold on our society, because in my opinion it simply creates more deviant sexual behavior and is a breeding ground for the formation of attitudes that lead to sex crimes. People who live in nudist environments very quickly realize that sex is in fact what it should be, an intimate relationship between two people who truly care about each other.

A fact which is conveniently ignored by people who vehemently oppose family nudity..is that the teenage pregnancy rate of girls raised in nudist environments is virtually zero. I currently live in Eastern Europe where attitudes about the body are much less puritanical. One of the things that amazes me is that children here can safely walk to school by themselves with no worry of being abducted by some pervert. As far as I can see, sex crimes here in general are virtually non-existent as compared to the U.S., and I am convinced it is due to the lack of perversity that is created by a puritanical society.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

1.328 sec, (1)