CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Poinsettia - chewing as a symptom

2Health Views: 3,545
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,322,924

Re: Poinsettia - chewing as a symptom

Hi Katmom,

Thanks for the info. After the cleaning my cat didn't have any dental problems other than the typical tarter and a little gingivitis requiring no further treatment. That's really good news because she is about 14 years old, pretty good!

Yes, the Poinsettia is a low toxic plant, my cat evidently was hypersentive to it. She was attracted to the plant for some reason, after we removed it she jumped up on the coffee table where it was, sniffing around. She definately got a toxic allergic reaction from it because as soon as we removed it, she was perfectly fine!!

The vet who told me the plant was the problem, said, this is not unusual with cats during the holidays.

I'm very happy to pay for the initial exam and the dental cleaning, just not all the unessessary drugs and procedures like x-rays, putting a scope down her throat, etc., that did nothimg to help my cat, just hurt my wallet.

2Health

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

1.671 sec, (1)