CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Threelac Pro-biotic Yoghurt

FitnessFreak Views: 4,806
Published: 12 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,340,329

Re: Threelac Pro-biotic Yoghurt

Hi Zapp,

Thanks for the speedy reply and good advice. I like the sound of Twin Lab's Super Probiotic but unfortunately already purchased some Threelac so I guess I'll give it a go first.

Just out of curiosity I ran my own little Threelac yoghurt experiment which produced some strange results:

I tried making a cup of yoghurt with skim milk and 1/2 a packet of Threelac (just to see if it'd work). I left it overnight with other yoghurt I'd been making and in the morning it was still in liquid form. I assumed like you say that the soil dwelling bacteria didn't take so well to milk and added a couple of spoonfuls of my yoghurt mix to the cup to see what would happen. Within about 5min the cup had foamed up and overflowed. Not too sure what to make of the mess but I think in the mean-time I'll leave Threelac out of my pro-biotic mix.

On a separate note I read that you're culturing your own kefir grains. Are you sharing/selling them as well? I'm trying to get my hands on some but it's been a little difficult since I'm living in Japan and most of the kefir here is sugary powder for drinks or in capsules.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.953 sec, (1)