I believe someone below posted something in reference to this about Ionic Poisoning.... If you bombard the body with Ions they cause the body organs to become inflamed.... Sort of like metal shavings being attracted by a magnet..... So if it is working to release some toxins long use of this machine would start to destroy the vega nerve that functions a lot of the organs.
Yes it would be nice if 20/20 or someone else would do a research show on this.... So from my microscope findings the only thing found in the water was metals from the plates.