CureZone   Log On   Join
Help making toothpaste

ringot Views: 1,682
Published: 12 years ago

Help making toothpaste

Having a hard time finding toothpaste without glycerin (which is apparently bad because it prevents remineralization). Also can't find tooth soap anywhere except online, but I'm not going to pay $25 for a 2 month supply. So I'm thinking of making my own kid friendly paste, and I'm looking for advice.

I'm thining of using:

Baking soda (though I hear it can be too abbrasive)
Calcium -crushing a vitamin into powder form.
spearment oil
xylitol powder

A lot of people say to use hyrdrogen peroxide however I've read it can be very bad to ingest (therefore especially bad for little children who can't spit properly).

A lot of recipe's call for adding oil. coconut oil and/or olive oil. but what's the point of that?

A lot of people use just plain soap (not a grocery store variety) or just baking soda and water. But wouldn't it be benefical to add calcium? I don't really see any recipes with Calcium.

I might end up buying Shaklee's toothpaste as it has no glycerin, does have calcium and xylitol, but it also has Sodium Laureth sulfate (or whatever it's called) which I hear is quite bad. My dad sells Shaklee stuff so I have easy access.

Please help.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

11.626 sec, (1)