CureZone   Log On   Join
How I Overcame Sinus and Worse: My Story

Neo2_000 Views: 2,648
Published: 17 years ago

How I Overcame Sinus and Worse: My Story

My problems started at age 6 with my first bout of pleurisy. By age 17 after many more episodes, many more ailments and many more drugs the doctors had all but given up on me. During this period I was cursed with severe chronic sinusitis. Sometimes I would nearly blackout for 2 days at a time with crippling headaches from the pressure that I am sure readers are familiar with.

I considered my position. Extrapolating my progressive decline, I concluded that I would not survive beyond age 25.

Fortunately for myself, I had a peculiar friend who engaged in the habit of taking large quantities of vitamins. Remembering that this was at a time before this sort of thing became “trendy”, we all thought him rather strange. He wanted to help and I thought to myself, what do I possibly have to lose and so I took him up on his offer. He gave me a cross-spectrum of vitamins to take. The results were simply astonishing! For the first time in my life I could breathe through my nose – this was incredible!

Spurred on by my newfound releif, I decided that I would have to investigate this further. I started frequenting health-food stores and read everything that I could get my hands on. I went on a strict unprocessed vegetarian diet supplemented by vitamins, minerals and herbal preparations. I also engaged in fasting. I found that most of my problems were caused by milk, meat, white flour products and eggs in that order.

You may find the following hard to believe but it is simply the facts. After only 6 months on my new regime, I could thoroughly abuse my body with total impunity. Before, I could not even walk out in the rain without at the very least risking a cold. Now I revelled in my newfound freedom: I would go midnight swimming in frozen ice ponds. I would ride for miles on my motorbike in the rain and come back freezing but cheerful and without a worry! I would dive all day in winter without so much as wearing a wet suit. I was free and I was alive!

Perhaps I was extracting revenge upon my former weak condition which so cruelly imprisoned and tortured me for so long. Whether this influenced my future vocation I don’t know, but I went on to become a career diver and the most perilous and demanding kind: a pearl diver in Broome Australia where I live to this day.

I am now approaching 50 and have naturally retired from my demanding job to relax in my “old age” and retrain as a computer technician. It wasn’t easy working among the rednecks. Some were so Neanderthal that upon hearing that I was a vegetarian, they immediately took offence and wanted to fight me. There attitude was, no way I could ever be a pearl diver. Much to their disbelief I proved them all wrong J while managing to avoid confrontations that would doubtless have got me the sack!

I hope that my story may inspire some of you to seek solutions to your own problems and gain the freedom and life that I was rewarded with.

Good Health,

Neo down under :-)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.234 sec, (2)