parasites/ammonia go together--added to the ammonia already accumulated. When not processed out, it accumulates in the liver, brain, heart, and gums (according to a Lyme toxin guy) Alcohol, even if it was past alcohol use, is also one of the reasons the liver is not able to clear out the ammonias/toxins so they back up too. Especially having been on the benzo's, and alcohol, the L-Ornithine L-Aspartates would help the liver be able to process the ammonia out through the kidneys.
For about $25, it would definetly be worth the money for you to get the L-Ornithine, and an Aspartate product, or L-Aspartic acid- and get going with it as soon as you can. http://www.iherb.com
Have you ever done a liver flush? If not, you should consider it soon.
Bowel cleansing? Are your bowels cleaning out regularly 3x a day?