CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: So...........

Cheshire77 Views: 2,404
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,408,201

Re: So...........

I totally agree as well. Diet has certainly played a role in dysbiosis, but it has been Antibiotics that have done the devastating damage. Once an important species of bacteria is extinct in our bowels, it is probably gone forever.

Probiotics only provide temporary relief while they are being taken in large doses. When you stop, they all pass out of your system over 14 days or so. Some people with vested interests claim colonization is proved if bacterial numbers found in stool samples increase over a week or two while subjects take the probiotic. But this is not proof of colonization. This just proves the probiotic bacteria hang around in the bowel for a week or two. The true test is whether the probiotic bacteria continue to be found in stool samples several weeks after stopping oral probiotic supplementation. As far as I know, this has never been proven, in fact the opposite has been shown.

So, like Ladywear, I keenly await your next instalment Blackfeather!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2023  curezone.com

4.656 sec, (1)