Perhaps in a case like that. But always remember, that terrible offspring from a maniac is also part of that woman. As well, that it only happens very rarely. There was actually a study done:
Taken from www.abortionfacts.com (very good FACT filled site)
A study of 1,000 rape victims, who were treated medically right after the rape, reported no pregnancies. L. Kuchera, "Postcoital Contraception with Diethylstilbestrol," JAMA, October 25, 1971
Did you know that less than half of all pregnancies that result from rape or insest are aborted. (The woman still has the choice)
There are about 100 million women in the United States old enough to be at risk for assault rape. Let’s use a figure of 200,000 forcible rapes every year. The studies available agree that there are no more than two pregnancies per 1,000 assault rapes.
So much for the numbers. Let’s look at it from another angle and see if that figure makes sense.
- Of these 200,000 women who were raped, one-third were either too old or too young to get pregnant. That leaves 133,000 at risk of pregnancy.
- A woman is capable of being fertilized only three days out of her 30-day month. So divide 133,000 by 10, and 13,300 women remain.
- One-fourth of all women in the United States of child-bearing age have been sterilized. That drops the figure to 10,000.
- Only half of the assailants penetrate her body and/or deposit sperm. Cut it in half again. We are own to 5,000.
- Fifteen percent of men are sterile; that drops the figure to 4,250. Fifteen percent of non-surgically sterilized women are naturally sterile. That reduces the number to 3,600.
- Another 15% are on the pill and/or are already pregnant. Now the figure is 3,070. Now factor in something that all adults know. It takes from five to ten months for an average couple to achieve a pregnancy. Using the smaller figure, to be conservative, divide the 3,000 figure by 5, and the number drops to about 600.
Regardless, it causes more pain to abort a baby than to carry the baby to term and give to a loving couple. There are a lot of people out there that want babies but can't have them. They have no CHOICE but to adopt. There are more CONS than PROS to abortion, sadly we are not educated about the CONS. Where is the FREEDOM of CHOICE there?