CureZone   Log On   Join
Another Consideration...

DrJulienArbor Views: 3,251
Published: 12 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,499,667

Another Consideration...

Since adrenal functioning is also directly linked to the health of the immune system... it's also important to take into consideration that adaptogens (at least the true ginsengs and possibly others) will have a negative effect when there is any infection already present. This is the reason that in TCM you NEVER use ginseng when you have a cold or the flu... because it will strengthen the illness and push it deeper into the body resulting in it being more difficult to get rid of. Likewise... licorice is one of the most common ingredients in TCM formulas, however, it is ALWAYS used in combination with other ingredients because those well-versed in TCM herbology understand how powerful herbal medicines are and ideally customize formulas based on each individuals imbalance. Western medicine... whether allopathic or natural... tends to lean towards the thinking that a little is good and therefore more must be better. Due to the nature of adrenal problems... this mindset can be particularly detrimental! My experience with supplements has been consistent with what Dr. Lam has suggested. What was once a life-saver for me and got me through writing my dissertation... is a vitamin formula that I can no longer tolerate. I am of the opinion that the majority of nutrients need to come from food or food-based supplements... with one very significant exception that you can learn more about in MY upcoming books!

Now a question for you...

I have now tried 2 of the Liposomal-Encapsulated Vitamin C products. One of them didn't appear to do much of anything... nor did the other products by the same company. The other vitamin C, however, created an incredible amount of heat in my body when I took it. I didn't notice any obvious flushing such as when a person takes a large dose of niacin, but the feeling was very similar.

Why do you suppose that might be?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.484 sec, (1)