CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: The Pleasure Trap

mouseclick Views: 1,828
Published: 12 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,503,487

Re: The Pleasure Trap

I agree with you of course. We once had a poster called Maverick494, who readily identified this problem, having been through it herself //www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1409995#i.

The problem is that the desire to fast is often part of the addictive behaviour. Once correct eating is established, the body will heal itself, return to normal and there will be no need to fast.

Unfortunately the modern world presents us with foods that do not exist under normal circumstances, and our natural instincts tell us to go for these because they are loaded up with sugar, fat, salt colouring and flavor enhancers. As Dr Lisle says "it's like having a compass on a planet which doesn't work anymore".

He adds... "You have to do into a when you do the right thing it feels wrong, when you do the wrong thing it feels right. Your nervous system has been spun a puzzle that it was never designed to solve. It has been thrown 180 degrees off, and this IS the pleasure trap."

Countless lives have been destroyed physically and psycologically by this. I think Maverick494s icon shows she has some understanding of the pleasure trap.

I personally think it's quite an exciting development in human evolution, that we are now in entering a period where we are forced to use intellect over instinct in order to survive. In the past, such behaviour usually resulted in death or bad things, for example, a soldier who throws himself on a grenade in order to save his friends. What's interesting about this scenario is that going against your survival instinct results in good things, if you believe in what people who have made the transition are saying about it.

Fasting can be used as well as dietary change, I personally prefer the latter these days even though I lost all my weight through a series of water fasts. However it has to be by intervention for most people, IMO. Dr Lisle jokingly refers to his fasting center as "the prison camp", but I am sure he means it.

You can compare intervention with the invasion of Norway during the second world war when the invasion of german forces resulted in enforced dietary change. Result: Heart attacks dropped to virtually zero, despite the stress of living at gunpoint. But after the war, heart disease rose again. Such is the power of the pleasure trap.

Most people, I am sure, won't know what I am talking about.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.797 sec, (2)