CureZone   Log On   Join
let the flame fest begin!

End Constipation Now
Let oxygen remove old, impacted fecal matter as it detoxifies and...

Original Hulda Clark
Hulda Clark Cleanses

More
nbjasmine Views: 1,611
Published: 12 years ago

let the flame fest begin!

some questions and issues that have come up in my study of fasting:

why oh why oh why do people break their fast with JUICE? it is SUGAR! ingesting Sugar will make you crave MORE sugar! the same with fruit, and i know i will get crap for this one, because despite its vitamins and fiber yada yada, fruit is still loaded with Sugar and will cause cravings for MORE SUGAR. when you eat a lot of carbs after a fast you bloat up quickly and can do damage.

i have read everything i can find on refeeding and the reluctant consensus is that low carb is the way to break a fast. i say reluctant because there is the sacred cow wandering through the fasting world that says "pure" foods like raw fruit and veggies are the only way to properly break a fast. but the yogic tradition says that yogurt is a fine way to end a fast, as it provides all the building blocks of nutrition in balanced proportions and is easy to digest (barring lactose intolerance i suppose).

again, the raw thing perplexes me. cooked vegetables are already partially broken down and are much easier to digest than raw. a good vegetable soup would be more sensible to break fast with, it doesn't overload the body by making it work too hard.

raw fruit and veggies would be for a bit later when your system has had a chance to wake up.

these are my thoughts. don't hate me for challenging the status quo of the forum!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.343 sec, (1)