CureZone   Log On   Join
hair loss!

nbjasmine Views: 2,016
Published: 12 years ago

hair loss!

fellow fasters,

it is a month and a half, more or less, since the end of my 29 day fast. i have felt fine. better than fine, in fact. i got my fast cravings under control, have settled into a new, naturally lower calorie habit than i was in before fasting, and have been exercising and enjoying my new freedom from food craziness.

the "bad" thing is, my hair is shedding like crazy. after researching it, i am less frightened than i was, but still concerned. sources indicate that any big disturbance in body chemistry, or hormones can cause hair to shed. and i do remember that my hair shedded (?) like crazy after giving birth both times but it came back. now, i am hoping it will grow back again, but i'm in my 40's and am afraid i am too old to grow hair back! also, if i fast again in the spring, as i intend to do, will i be bald by summer?! pardon my panic. any words of reassurance will help calm me ;-)

also, do we need as much water in the winter? intuitively, i think not and i have a really hard time drinking water at this time of year. i just don't feel thirsty. then, i think it must be bad not to drink water, so i get in a mental bind about what i "should" be doing about it.

jasmine

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.391 sec, (1)