CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Antacids and epsom salts

trapper/kcmo Views: 5,124
Published: 18 years ago

This is a reply to # 156,371

Re: Antacids and epsom salts

it has been my experience that when you take any of these new medicines, you take your life in your own hands. just look at vioxx and now celebrex. this trend will continue. not only are all these new and improved drugs risky in and of themselves, they also change your body chemistry so that simple, normal supplements can react in unknown ways.

for example, if you take a beta blocker, very popular these days, they are dangerous if you go cold turkey, but also, you cant take potassium supplements if youre on them, and you are even supposed to avoid foods high in potassium like potatos and bananas. both situations can make your heart stop.

another recent example was the statin drugs. they tried to blame vit E for the difficulty, but it seems to me, without the statin drugs, vit E is just fine. it is the drugs that are the problem, not the vitamin. what a silly but deadly game they play.

take more than one medication, and you can set yourself up for the elvis syndrome called polypharmacopia. it killed him.

i always keep my advice to others covered by this disclaimer: if you are on meds, either prescription or over the counter, forget what i say. stats are that this discludes 44% of americans, and thats just prescription drugs. how insane. otc are just as bad. the only safe drugs are plant derived, imo.

the best you could do would be to look the drug up in the physicians desk reference and find out what the contraindications and interactions are and hope they havent missed anything.

i wish you a speedy recovery

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

0.453 sec, (1)