CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: 8 weeks post removal

Jane123 Views: 2,450
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,568,217

Re: 8 weeks post removal

Interesting. I don't recall anyone complaining before of a sore throat. I had a severe sore throat for months while I had the Mirena. Along with the soreness, it was so dry I was constantly drinking liquids and even sipping a small amount of oil now and then. The first doctor prescribed Antibiotics which didn't help, then 2 trips to the ENT who thought it might be "reflux", and even got scoped to check my esophagus which was fine. It was finally decided I must have reflux and was put on Prilosec. It finally got better after a couple months although I'm still convinced it was an autoimmune response from the Mirena and not reflux because I didn't have any other symptoms and the doctors just didnt' know what else to call it. This happened long before I suspected the Mirena as the culprit for that and many other problems including severe muscle and joint pain. The episodes of pain improved in severity frequency very slowly over several months after removal. I'd say it took around 3-4 months for significant improvement.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

4.000 sec, (1)