CureZone   Log On   Join
scientific benefits of snail slime. it's on the shelves in pots!

00733 Views: 7,949
Published: 11 years ago

scientific benefits of snail slime. it's on the shelves in pots!

I was in a regular healthfood store yesterday day and came accross a curious product in a small pot costing quite a few pennies although still affordable. (if they marketed it in divine little shell shaped ones..they'd properly appear more.. lets say "appeeeling!" to the public. But in all seriousness the qualities of this slime stuff might be worth investigating..

It claims to have skin healing restoratative properties. the secretions are sourced from a chilean snail- helix aspera miller- which it uses to repair cracks in its shell. Apparently the greeks found that snail balm helped in healing ulcers and today south american farmers claim it made their hands soft.

"science has shown it's effectiveness in repairing damaged or scarred human tissue." It contains "allantoine" a stimulant for skin regeneration, effective for healing smoothing and an anti irritant. The natural antibodies fight against infection, its natural glycolic acid, in correct amounts, eliminates dead skin cells and help promotes their replacement with new cells.

it's apparently like aloe vera, but does not have the tightening effect, is "100% organic natural and non allergenic"....it's sold in 50ml pots at around £20.00 from a regular health food store in the uk.. has anyone heard or tried it? It's other multi purpose functions is the fading of wrinkles so for my raisin lips it would be great, the other thing is the snails merely slide along a muslin covered plank for extraction purposes so are not harmed.. i'm less likely to lick my lips too!!!!

I haven't fully read up on it or it's topical application etc..but wondered if others would find it helpful for a variety of reasons eg as alternatives to moisturiser/ Acne scars etc?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.235 sec, (1)