CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Constant headaches, sinus infections, HELP!

Kristo Views: 17,732
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,597,674

Re: Constant headaches, sinus infections, HELP!

Thank you pdd912 for your very candid post. I'm sorry for your pain and suffering, you sound as down and desperate as myself. Wow, very similar story to me as far as time goes. Back in 1999 I had an accident surfing, I drowned and was under water for about 1.5 minutes. My buddies found me face down in the water not breathing. They got me back on my board, pulled me in and they saved my life by performing mouth to mouth and resuscitated me. I was in a coma for 3 days intubated on a respirator for 3 days. I had pneumonia of course with my lungs being filled with water. The strange thing is I recovered very quickly, no problems with my lungs or asthma at all. I do think my head/sinuses being submerged under water so long that this was the beginning of the sinus problems. I still surf to this day and it is something that gives me such great pleasure that I will never give it up. I actually feel better in the water and during the summer months.

So as a result of the accident I think something got up there and festered for a year when I started getting the pain. I was 30 years old in 2000 at the time and had the surgery in feb. of 2001. My surgery was extensive and lasted 4 hours, every sinus was cleaned out and scraped, deviated septum fixed, turbinates worked on, ostia all enlarged, all ethmoid bones removed. The biggest problem and the furthest back has been the sphenoid sinus. It is always inflamed and is the source of all my infections. I never get any pain in the frontal or maxillary sinuses and rarely get stuffed up. I don't present the usual sinus symptoms most people suffer from.

I would like to add that I have had so many courses of Antibiotics and steroids (prednisone and intranasal sprays) over the years). Is it true that those can cause or lead to candida overgrowth?

PLEASE let me know how things go with your new doctor! Feel free to PM me for any support.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.250 sec, (1)