CureZone   Log On   Join
Male seeking help controlling what is believed to be candida.

fishnaked Views: 1,041
Published: 11 years ago

Male seeking help controlling what is believed to be candida.

Hi. First time poster here. I'll try to make this as short as possible.

I'm a 41 year old male. Roughly 3 yrs ago, I noticed a rash on my penis. About 16 months later, my anus began to itch. Over the next 6 months, it got extremely bad and to the point of itching nearly continuously. Around the same time, all my joints began to ache and my vision become blurry. The itching was the foremost on my mind so I researched the Net and decided it must be parasites or candida. Leaning towards candida, I decided to try altering my diet and cut out all fruit, legumes, refined sugars, breads, crackers and other refined foods.

Within a month or so, ALL symptoms completely disappeared so I slowly reverted back to some of the foods previously eliminated. Symptoms came back within a week so I went back on the diet which I stuck to until my hunger couldn't take it then reverted back and the symptoms came right back.

This occurred several times over 5 months. I had no energy and had lost 15 lbs off an already lanky body. I went to the family Dr during the phase of no symptoms. My thyroid levels were tested and I was checked for diabetes, multiple parasites and candida. Everything checked out fine and the Dr had no idea what was going on.

Last Oct, I started taking 2 Schiff Acidophilus probiotics each w/ 1 billion live cells. This seemed to allow me to eat slightly more fruit. In Dec, I began taking one Nature's Way Primadophilus Optima from the refrigerated section w/ 35 billion CFU per tablet. I combined that with one of the above Schiff tabs and found that I could eat even more fruit and legumes and a bit of yeastless whole wheat bread without too much trouble.

For the most part, I felt fantastic this winter. However, I'm still eating far less fruit, yeastless bread and legumes than I did before all this and am still having symptoms off and on, including a new one: occasional little blisters on my fingers and painful red areas on my toes. The latter has escalated to toes that feel like they've been smashed. These toe issues coincide exactly with the anal itching.

I've reached a new stage of frustration and don't know what else to do. I've always taken my health very seriously so it's especially puzzling. I have eaten a near 100% organic diet for 7 yrs; eat mostly raw and unrefined foods and only a very minute amount of sugar in the occasional banana bread; quit eating red meat 15 yrs ago and all meat since Jan 2010; and eat yogurt, olive & coconut oils, apple cider vinegar, garlic and homemade saurkraught. I've been lucky enough to have been fit and athletic before all this and am still very active with varied strength, stretching, cardio and most recently meditative exercises.

The one thing I lack is consistent good sleep. For the past 7 yrs or so I'll go through phases where I'll sleep extremely poorly for 2-3 wks at a time. I'll then have 1-2 wks of good to ok sleep then back to the 2-3 wks of poor sleep. However, by learning how to meditate, even this has improved since Dec.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm longing to satisfy my hunger again without having an itchy arse and painful toes. I'm also concerned what the long term effects might be if I don't get this ailment under better control.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!

Fish

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.359 sec, (2)