who recommended plastic surgery? so you have raw skin all the time?... if so that would be dangerous in the sun. Is there anyway to revert back from plastic surgery?.. then you'd be in a better place, there is stuff that can manage the peeling lips(exfoliative cheilitis).
have you tried vegetable glycerin? That manages the exfoliative cheilitis condition , try it with the sticky lips.
here's something i know from past trials that could help. If your lips are thin try getting some vitamin C liquid and put it on your lips. That increases the collagen, builds collagen. I know from experience this works.
Also try some vitamin A liquid or any vitamin A topical product, that encourages skin cell turnover, collagen synthesis and alot of others. EC is rapid skin cell turnover. What it seems to me is you've eliminated the skin cell turnover. So you have no protective barrier, which all humans have and that is dead skin cells. You have no dead skin cells on the lips to give that rough feel. Only time i have sticky lips is when they are raw(after peeling early) So try vitamin A. here's a list of what it does. below from http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:dWah3Pb_pEQJ:www.dermaxi...
Effects of Vitamin A / Retinyl palmitate on the skin improves skin elasticity
The topical application of vitamin A on the skin, when formulated into creams and lotions, as we do, has a host of positive effects on the skin, which includes:
* Increases the activity of enzymes found in the skin
* Stimulates the mitotic activity in the epidermis and thereby helps with the process of cell division
* Stimulates cell proliferation in the epidermis and thereby stimulates growth
* Helps to thicken the epidermis, which becomes thinner in aging
* Improves the elasticity of the skin
* Helps to normalize photo (sun) damaged skin
* Helps in wound healing
* Stimulates collagen formation in the skin
* Reduces UV-induced wrinkle formation
* Regulates keratin formation
i hope you pull through, you have to be strong just to function with "normal" people with this condition, so don't think your weak. You've been exposed to looking from the outside now, use that as a strength.