CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: So....? Probiotics for the rest of your life???

Cheshire77 Views: 2,514
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,610,064

Re: So....? Probiotics for the rest of your life???

I'm no expert, but it's dangerous to trust experts ...

My opinion is there are three main (there are others) areas that need to be addressed with candidiasis. Boosting the immune system, antifungals and probiotics. One reason I like the modern herbalist's protocol is that it addresses all three. Ideally, you don't want to continue taking antifungals forever because they are hard on the liver, and candida will develop immunity to them, however they are usually necessary to reduce candida to a manageable level.

In the long term you want to rely on your immune system and probiotics. I would continue with the vitamin D3 for your immune system, but perhaps at a lower maintenance dose. I would also look at lactoferrin or colostrum as well if you can afford it. Zinc also boosts immunity.

As far as long term probiotics, I think the best option is fermented foods such as kefir and cultured vegetables. This is a very healthy, effective and cheap way of keeping your bowel bacteria healthy. I think the 'good' yeasts in these FF are particulary helpful. You can also take commercial probiotics and prebiotics. I think it is wise to continue some form of probiotics for life if you can afford to. This will reduce the risk of relapse.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.891 sec, (1)