CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Women and christianity.

spudlydoo Views: 4,678
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,613,972

Re: Women and christianity.

Hi Ray, thanks for you post.

"Let persons become in charge of a group, and watch rules to suit the leaders emerge. I personally want the real deal from God my Father and from His Son, my Lord Jesus Christ be spoken and lived in all persons. This may be a pipe dream, but I keep hoping."

The rules, that suit the leaders, are established using the scriptures from the bible. (and the qoran, as in my friends case). If women follow the scriptures and are submissive to their husbands, who take their orders from the guys that make the rules, how are they going to get a "real deal" from god.

It is only in fairly recent history, where women were able to study theology at all. They are excluded from much of the scriptual discourse in many religious groups , still.
In the country that my friend was born into, girls and women are not educated, and most cannot even read and write, so do not have the ability to even read the scriptures that they are forced to live by.

I will quote my friend here "for many women, both christian and muslim, the scriptures provide another opportunity for men to control their lives. Women are not only expected to be subject to god, but to men as well, it is another layer of power and control that women must fight".

spud

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.684 sec, (1)