CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Women and christianity.

spudlydoo Views: 4,495
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,614,649

Re: Women and christianity.

"Woman and men are not physically equal generally speaking.
That is the truth. Many of the scriptures MM referred to have to do with the culture of the time."

I agree, the men that wrote the bible were writing from the context of their own position in their society and the cultural norms of their society, at the time. If the bible is supposed to be the perfect, inerrant, word of god, then how is it that these men were able to pop in their own views and cultural values?

If women and men are both equal spiritually, within christianity, why do the scriptures say, women be submissive to your husbands, and not husbands be submissive to your wives? Why is it deemed necessary for women to be subject to men, as well as god? This is the extra layer of control that my friend talks about.

"You view it as women being less than men, that is your limited view. I choose to see women as being different than men, not less in any way."

I do not see women as less than men, but this is how the christian and islamic religions view women.

spud

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.281 sec, (1)