CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Women and christianity.

Dquixote1217 Views: 4,436
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,613,954

Re: Women and christianity.

My view is simply this.  However devinely inspired the Bible may have been, it was written almost exclusively by men and it was decidedly a man's world at that time.  Numerous revisions, also by men, have resulted in literally thousands of changes to the Bible.  Those too have been made by men - and in far too many instances they were men with self-serving agendas.  Whatever those agendas may have been, including political and religious, they did not include empowering women - who were essentially considered chattel and not even counted in population counts and were admonished to be silent and subservient to men.

I can certainly sympathize with any woman who has problems with a literal interpretation of the Bible.  But then again, I have problems with anyone taking too literal of an interpretation of an ever-changing book.   And I feel sorry for those who limit their understanding of God and belief in God to a single book, no matter how great it may be.  I don't believe you can lock God up in a book, the same as you cannot lock God up in a building.  If you do, then what is outside the book or the building.  My God is everywhere.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.344 sec, (1)