CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Women and christianity.

spudlydoo Views: 4,696
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,616,093

Re: Women and christianity.

"I can certainly sympathize with any woman who has problems with a literal interpretation of the Bible. But then again, I have problems with anyone taking too literal of an interpretation of an ever-changing book."

I have a lot of problems with this as well. I have a problem with the view that the bible is the inerrant word of god, and that every word in it is exactly what god said. What I see is a lot of men telling women, "this is what god meant in this verse or this sentence", etc. As you say DQ, they interpret to suit their own agenda and self interest.

If the bible is the inerrant word of god, then why is it so full of ambiguity, why does it have to be interpreted?
If the bible character of god created women as equals, then why doesn't the bible reflect this?

These same questions came up when I was studying theology, (monotheistic religions), and it was answered by one of the men in my study group, he said "why can't women just accept that this is how god made them, they should just accept their lot in life and stop wanting to be equal, thats not what god made women for", its this attitude that my friend saw repeated in islam as well as christianity.

Its my view that if it were men who were considered less than women, in the bible, there would be no christian religion today, it would have simply been discarded.

spud

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.422 sec, (1)