CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: protopic

lipshitz Views: 3,605
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,618,290

Re: protopic

I believe ab11747 was the last user to report trying it 9 months ago, but #12580 was promoting it two months ago as a way to slow growth, so maybe s/he used it more recently.

Thanks, alesiom11, I've updated the Warnings section of the wiki to include your experience. Out of curiosity, do your lips look very similar to how they looked in winter of 2006? Very inflamed and yellowish crusts? I know you said you made some progress with dental hygiene and coco shea moisturizer. My shea butter should arrive any day now.

Anyway, here's the warning, feel free to click on my picture to find the wiki and contribute to the info or post your experience. Send me a private message for any matters related to the wiki, especially if you would like to add a warning but would not like to join.

Tacrolimus ointment

* aka Protopic, Prograf
* A steroid-free immunosuppressive treatment for eczema (atopic dermatitis), works by inhibiting T-cell production of interleukin-2
* In 2005 the FDA required the manufacturers to include a warning that it may pose a risk of skin cancer and non-Hodgkins lymphoma
* Long-term safety of the product is unknown
* One user reported initial burning sensation, and a slight expansion of the area where the lips peeled

I would love to continue the discussion about treating the condition with immunosuppressants that pose no cancer risk. Lowering stress and eliminating infection are two major ones that come to mind. But perhaps few of us have the patience for those to bear out their results.

Peace,
C.S.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

2.875 sec, (1)